Chris' Special Tie Knot

Chris' Special Tie Knot

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Move to Nitra, Slovakia!

Chris and his companion
Nazdar všetci!

Cool building in Nitra, Slovakia
Haha, wow, I'm not sure why, I've had a really spectacular week, but I'm feeling a little bit down just right at this very moment. Well whatever, the cure for grief (or pretty much any bad feeling) is gratitude. I am so grateful for my friends and family, and for my companion. Since day one, we've hit it off. He is a very smart young man, he's 2 years older than me, and he did debate in high school and was on the swim team, and if I do say so myself, we are by far the most intimidating companionship in the whole mission. He's less than an inch shorter than me, and he's from Omaha Nebraska, so first companion not from Utah. He's also the first Mormon I've met in my whole life not from Utah who doesn't rip on Utah, nor on Utah mormons, so way good for him. At the moment, we're tearing it up here, I don't know how much I have time to explain right now, but we've been assigned here to change the public image of the church here, because this area has been open for exactly 1 year and 1 week, and we're still at that point where pretty much whatever I do here is the first time that a missionary has ever done that here, it's a little bit scary and daunting, but I'm sure the Lord will help us. I can give more details later, we're needing to go shopping right now. Oh yeah, guess what? This apartment doesn't even HAVE an oven. Oh joy...Anyway, I'm going to continue working my tail off and hope that next transfer I become one of those legendary missionaries who is training and District Leader at the same time, or Zone Leader before he hits his halfway point, but we'll see how that all plays out.

S Laskou,


Starší Brúso

(Editor's note: If you want to see a map with Nitra, Slovakia on it, please see the previous blog post.)
New missionary apartment for Chris



No comments:

Post a Comment