Chris' Special Tie Knot

Chris' Special Tie Knot

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Weekly Letter I forgot #losingtrackoftime#timeflieswhenyourehavingfun#timedoesntactuallyfly#metaphorssuck#sodoestwitter#hashtag#mayhem

Čaute!

Arranging hymns for the Mission President
Worn out after a long day of work! :)
Ok, so this week I don't have a whole lot of time for letter writing unfortunately, but hopefully I can get the same amount of adventure and spirit into this shorter time limit. This last week was a bit of a blast, we unfortunately did not hold our baptism this Saturday either, I'm really having to get better at this whole patience thing. The good thing though was that we were able to have a training! Haha, I'm getting to loving those too much, they're always so cool though, our mission president really is an inspired man. I was informed on Sunday that I needed to arrange a version of Redeemer of Israel for the training on Thursday, and I completed it! Then I was informed at the training that I wouldn't need it until the March training, so that was kind of a bummer, but it can only get better, right? And lol, I'll just arrange some other hymns too so no biggie. We got to stay in Bratislava on Wednesday night and ooooh boy was that fun, now that I'm not new anymore (I finished being trained last week! The bad part is I'll probably be training next transfer, and I am NOT excited nor ready for that...), I know pretty much all the missionaries now in the mission, and it's a lot easier to have a fun time around them. Also, about 2 months ago, I bought a really cool Banska Bystrica t~shirt, and my first companion went and picked it up and brought it for me at the training!!! I'll have to take a picture in it and send it home sometime. I love the missionaries here, you can really tell when you meet each of them, we don't have a single bad, uncommitted, or even unconsecrated missionary. No one gets trunkie, no one gets distracted, no one wants to go home, even for important surgeries (more on that another time), and most of all, no one doesn't love the crap out of each other. I adore every missionary here, it's so wonderful to be surrounded by all these amazing people all the time. At the training, we had a powerful lesson on the importance of getting investigators to church, because that's one of the biggest problems here as far as getting investigators to progress. We also talked about a cool principle we call cross-pollination where at church we advertise for English, and at English, we advertise for Family History, and at Family History we advertise for Concerts, and at Concerts we advertise for Church and learning more about Christ, just so that everyone who comes to these activities gets to see the whole picture of what we do, and why we're here. I found out as well that our Christmas concert practice in Banska Bystrica was actually filmed and put on Youtube, I think it's just going to be under vianoce koncert or something like that, but our investigator filmed and edited us so if you'd like to watch that, do some searching. (http://youtu.be/jjAI3DryH40) good thing is I got it verified that it's actually on the English version of Youtube, not Youtube.sk, so you don't even have to worry about it, you'll just see a picture of me and know it's us. It's not the best recording, but maybe you'll just like seeing it happen. Anyway, that's all I have time for right now, I hope to be emailing some actual spiritual stuff to you next week.

Love you all,
Elder Chris Brousseau

No comments:

Post a Comment