Chris' Special Tie Knot

Chris' Special Tie Knot

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Trencin Blues

Ahojte!

So this week has been amazing, but also pretty crazy. Everything is going...well, it's pretty much just going. Our investigators are doing AWESOME, especially two of them, teaching them is like teaching inactive members because they already believe everything and know it all by heart. One investigator's problem is she has a lot of trouble walking because of some severe scoliosis, but you wouldn't be able to tell that she has it until she tries to walk around you, it looks painful. Another investigator's problem is he doesn't like our branch, and he doesn't want to quit smoking. The good news is, since last week, he's come to church, and he made a friend with one brother, and a recent convert as well, so things there should take off and fly pretty soon, I'm really excited.
Map of Trencin

Trencin is getting kind of boring. This city is seriously so small, people already recognize me on the street, not because of my badge, but because I've personally contacted them before, which is good and bad depending on the person. For example, there's this little gang of satanists who, now that they know me always walk up and act really threatening and stuff, it's really annoying, especially when we're working on a regular contact who's actually interested. Anyway, I'm ready to go to a new city, but I'm getting the feeling that I'm staying here for another transfer at least. I'm not sure what to think of that.

Chris with his trainer and all those he trained
This last Thursday we had our monthly training in Bratislava, which I LOVED. I adore the outgoing missionary testimonies, especially because my mission is small enough that you know every missionary personally. Well, I shouldn't say that because I don't really know that many missionaries in the Prague and Jihlava Zones, but I at least know all of their names. As far as the Slovakia and Brno Zones though, it's a personal basis.

Chris finally found beef!
What I'm thinking of for my ideas of the week this week is I really want to try an idea I keep hearing about Hungarian missionaries doing, where you contact with a survey. It seems like a really good way of getting quick, meaningful contacts in which you can testify about something every single time. Just like a little 10 question survey about religion or something, especially because tabling is working so nicely. In answer to a question from last week, tabling is an idea I had because I saw some Jehovah Witnesses doing it, and my trainer found out they do it other places as well, where you go get permission from the City Council to grab a table and just go put it on the town square. Then you just sit at the table. It's really really effective, I love it. The other thing I'm going to work on is really getting our English class to be like professional grade, because our biggest problem now is that new people come all the time, but they only come once because they don't particularly like what they see. I know Slovaks really like hand-outs, so we'll see where this goes. The other thing is an idea the sisters had about making our Family History class a 3 workshop course called "What's your story?" I think it's a really cool idea, so hopefully we'll get to test that out as well.

Anyway, I love you all and hope that you have a great week!


Elder Chris Brousseau


Chris' now famous lasagna

No comments:

Post a Comment