Chris' Special Tie Knot

Chris' Special Tie Knot

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Follow Spiritual Promptings

Angels of Slovakia!
Čauko!

Hey all, gosh, I know I've been saying this my whole mission, but everything is going by SO fast. So first off, I want to start off with a shout out to some angels in my life, I love you mom, you're SO wonderful! I was talking with my companion earlier this week about how weird it is for me to think that you served a mission, and how much it's helped me to respect you more. Two of my favorite gals, don't think I forgot about you 2, there are always letters in the mail, I just can't wait for you to get all of them! My favorite cousin my age, thank you SO much, your emails mean the world to me, they're always so thoughtful and entertaining, and gosh, you are a good storyteller, you're probably the best princess ever. Anyway, I'm just super grateful that I've been surrounded by such amazing people and I'm very grateful for each of you that I'm emailing as well, believe it or not, each of you has been a very good influence on me, and I appreciate it.

District Conference in Czech/Slovak
So I don't have very much time to write, I hope that I'll be able to get my ideas across quickly in ways that make sense. So this week we had a whole lot of crazy. We had to switch up like 9 lessons because we had Zone Conference & District Conference on the days we were supposed to have them. On the bright side, Zone Conference was awesome, we had a visit from the temple president in Freiberg, Germany, and also an area 70 from Finland. The Finnish man's talk was very weird, I think it made sense in Finnish, but translated into Czech it kind of seemed to lose a lot of meaning which was unfortunate. We had the opportunity on Saturday to go to the adult session of District Conference, which was AMAZING, and I was so blessed, I got to meet a lot of the youth in Slovakia, with whom I have not yet had the privilege of serving, especially those in places like Bratislava and Kosice. I'm so grateful for that opportunity to go to both sessions of District Conference, and I heard that they're from now on allowing all of the youth to go to it as well. I'm not sure why, nor if it is true throughout the world, but it's a very cool opportunity.
Following spiritual promptings

New Friends
We've had a lot of miracles this past week, one of which stands out particularly in my mind. We had just had a lesson cancel on us, and we were left with nothing to do but contact along this little path next to the river for 2 and a half hours, which I was not looking forward to at all. We went all the way up the path to the edge of Trencin, without meeting a single person who would even say hello to us. When we turned back however, I had an impression to go check out a little park they have for Cub Scouts here, and when we went there, down on the riverbank we saw a man taking pictures of the sunset. We watched him for a second, and I had an impression to go talk to him about Easter. We went up and started a conversation about Slovak traditions for Easter, and he was sort of awkwardly talking with us, because he already knew missionaries (like everyone here), and didn't really want to talk, but he was surprised that I wasn't trying to talk to him about what I believe about Easter, but what his people believed, so he talked to us despite his lack of interest and let us teach a lesson on the Savior, and then while we were ending our lesson, another man walked up and said hi to the first man and asked him who we were and the first man introduced us. The first man left then and thanked us for talking with him, and the second man immediately asked us what we were talking about and we told him and he proceeded to teach us everything about Slovak traditions, even cutting branches off of trees to show us how to make korbaciky, and asking questions about our church the whole time. Apparently, he had heard and met with us before, but he also was very surprised by the fact that we wanted to talk to him about him. I think I'm going to try this strategy more often, it got me 2 solid lessons.

I love you all, hope that helped your day a little.


Elder Brousseau

Spring rains in Trencin
Beautiful Slovak Sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment